‘The Place’
Wake up as usual, got shower, pray and breakfast as usual also. Going to work is not easy anymore, HATE it!, so damn hate the heavy feeling of going to work. Doing a monologue and keep telling myself that I love my job, maybe just to brainwash myself, to make sure it is not under pressure.
The place is a piece of art that I injected to bring the mood after the heavy feeling. That also calls love and hate places for me. This place reminds me of how hard I have been so far, it makes me from zero to become a professional, from a fresher and become a senior, and now my feelings are not the same but all of it is real. With the coffee tumbler makes me stay open my eyes, doing the never stop work and always whispering to never stop becoming the zombie worker. ‘This Place’ is the most comfortable place in the office, and has become one of my favorite places for me. When the world no longer lends me a hand to stand up when my batteries are low, when the day becomes night and night become day. The sweater always comforts me when I need a soft hug to think and rest, with the cute pink plusher to help me sit in comfort and protect my back bone.
To make the art view look complete, one of the sections which is the book section is the favorite part. There is a book that I always choose to make myself stay calm. The Quran, with the blue baldu as cover. Make me think about how long I will be on this earth, that day for me to stay in a life that is too short or maybe too long, no one knows. Together with it, there are also some more books that bring me to time travel. Expose the world of language and create a dream for me. There is no time to stop gaining knowledge, learn and make a mistake ia a best buddy ever. In the middle of it, there is previous artwork. Template, brochure, flyers, voucher, hanging wobbler, press ads, and ect, all the things to prove to myself that this is all what i'm doing here for the past few years until now, and I'm still counting the day. This section I called ‘The work who always reminds me how much I have done so far’.
Catch my dream if I can board
The other section in The place, should call this “catch my dream if I can”. To be honest, I created this to bring joy and bring a spirit to me back if I feel a bit down on the day. Point of view was so good, just in front of my face. I'm starting to collect all the pieces of memory, to where I go. Not too far, for now and all the pieces of the puzzle that I brought back and put it here, it will bring me to the place that I have gone before. Remember the feeling was so fresh, relax and chill, ugh! How much I miss vacation, waiting for the pandemic to end is not cool right?. This section is like an amulet that inspires a passion for work and becomes one of the reasons to find more money to go to the place that I dream and help me to add on more pieces of puzzle here.
The tumbler in ‘The Place’ is common for a graphic designer, who has more work than a life. The day starts with a cup of coffee and ends with a triple shot on it, just to get a bowl of rice. Sometimes the unicorns serve for plain water and help to give a healthy vibes in work. “bring me plain water please”. That is the correct word for my cute unicorn cup. The artificial cactus carries the scent of fresh cactus, helps to stay calm and always be in normal sanity.
Little garden to chill, I call the cactus village.
Whenever I need to breathe, whenever I can’t breathe or if I feel lost in the reality of office conflict, here is the small therapy for me. If Iam a cactus, then I will know how to protect myself. Cactus is a strong plant, does not require careful care, and can still survive even if the pound only sprays water once a week. This plant gives me a lot of engarage, teaches me how to survive in the fake world, being tough. People betray to let them feel better, and turn me to be a black sheep, the character that I never apply to be. Drama without a camera never stops, until you choose to be life with it, and play the character and be the main actor. That's called revenge!
Magic window and cotton candy
All the rooms must have a window. The magic window always brings cotton candy, such a sweet fantasy. This view always makes me want to fly, fly high to the sky, see the star who always looks like a sleep from far away on earth. Last time I saw a bus and a group of PPE people, the day when I felt my anxiety coming and said hi to me. The magic window tells me a lot of story without sound. There are the stories about the quarantine people, about the homeless, about the taxi driver, abang pisang goreng and ect. There is a story of a life and the poem will create in mind every time. The feeling of ‘how lucky I am’ is always there every time when the magic window calls me to share the story. However the rainy view is more mesmerizing, and never forgettable.
Table of confuse
Sounds so funny, but the table is actually a versatile shelf. The table is come for production work, but end up everything that is not usable will be put on it and never manage it properly. The table gives me a vibe of ‘kedai kopi’. Try to give some space to my eyes and try to make ‘The Place’ be a positive place for the team. The table is an effort that I bring.
The tone of the paper roll is actually a prop that I already plan to use. However the plan was canceled. Due to the pandemic, a lot of events are postponed or pulled out. Sad, mad, and scared. The other thing on it, not really sure from where. If the table can talk, maybe it can say ‘come on, just throw the garbage at the right place, people!’
The goodbye girl, by the girl on frame.
Zoom in on the table of confusion, I call this artwork ‘The goodbye girl’. Every time when I want to go back, she is the last ‘person’ that I see before I step out from ‘The Place’. The artwork is made by my colleagues, he uses collage style to make this. This is a girl crush to him, full of feeling plus red means love. He never told me about the artwork, but I guessed based on what I see. The feeling of missing someone and brings the sad memory to him because the girl looks sad and she only shows her one eye. Maybe this is the goodbye artwork to his ex, i'm just guessed.
For me ‘The Place’ is one of the most comfortable places in my world. People call my second house, but I've never said no, so this is a common answer.
One day has 24 hour, and one week on a working day has 5 days. Every day, more or less, I'm always here for more than 12 hour. Like it or not, the love hate relationship with my work is real. The career I choose, the environment that I try to change in my two hands with a touch of art although seen still far away get changed. But the things are still there and always help me to live in this life.
If ‘The Place’ were a person, it would be my best friend. All the time, sad and mad never stop me. Until my anxiety becomes my best friend too, it is known more about it. Of course “The Place” also has a lot of story to be told, it can't judge or criticise. It accepts and embraces because it knows it provides us a safe space to be ourselves to make art.
However, ‘The Place’ brings me a different type of world. The world of work that I dream of, despite being full of twists and challenges that challenge my mental and emotional daily. That is not easy but there is satisfaction. That ‘The Place’ who always gave me comfort during the most difficult moments in the working place.
Comments
Post a Comment